Membership With SPORT4ONTARIO
SPORT4ONTARIO (formerly PSO Council) has been setting the tone for accountability within the non-profit sport sector as well as accountability to the sector since 1998. As a function of building capacity, SPORT4ONTARIO remains a strong voice to both funding partners and government.
Our growing network of members reaches all aspects of the non-profit sport sector and our ability to respond to and engage with the sport sector as a collective makes membership with SPORT4ONTARIO a valuable and essential part of effective sport management and advocacy.
Understanding the complexities of the non-profit sport sector is not easy unless you are fully immersed in it. SPORT4ONTARIO assists government in understanding the concerns of the sport sector with respect to policy, programming, capacity and funding. We speak as the collective voice of the sport sector and act as an agent for change.
We mobilize knowledge
SPORT4ONTARIO works with members to educate, and share information at monthly forums, through professional development workshops, and regular email communication. On your behalf, we are members and subscribers of various outside resources and groups and compile data, articles, books and journals at our Resource Library in Toronto. We are the only organization to conduct on-going research across the sport sector in Ontario through surveys, focus groups and interviews to understand the sector’s position on issues and trends that directly impact the sport sector. All research is shared with members to help develop a better sense of the relevant issues and our collective positions.
To better facilitate our mission, SPORT4ONTARIO seeks out opportunities to engage within the sport sector and outside of it. We participate on committees to develop cross-sector programs and resources. On your behalf, we communicate with funding partners, members, sponsors, government, non-profit groups and other key stakeholders as a method of enhancing the profile of sport beyond our sector. We bring our members together to share information, generate ideas and collectively develop positions on various topics.
The SPORT4ONTARIO Board of Directors is comprised of staff and volunteers from Ontario sport organizations. As such, every action of the organization is driven by the perspective of sport leaders and for the purpose of building the collective capacity within our sector. We recognize the challenges you face in day-to-day operations because we face them as well.
Together we are stronger!
In Ontario the sport sector is the second-largest of the non-profit sector. However, despite having the largest number of volunteers the sport sector receives the least amount of government funding. Sport relies most heavily on funding from participants. Challenges become obstacles when we feel unable to address them because of our limited resources. As a collective sector, we can address any challenge together and when we work as one, our voice is stronger.
Our goal is to serve you
Where your goal is to serve your membership and deliver sport programming, our goal is to serve you the sport leader, and your sport organization. SPORT4ONTARIO exists to enhance capacity within the sport sector and that means increasing awareness, enhancing skills and knowledge, developing cooperative solutions, and promoting the good work you do within the sector as a whole.
Join us for monthly forums held in Toronto for lunch, sport sector updates, an opportunity to liaise with colleagues, and to stay informed through Ministry and funding partner updates, discuss the issues and trends, formulate collective responses and mobilize our sector. We also host informal networking events to encourage communication between members and other stakeholders. Our plans include the development of on-line interactive forums that give members outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) an opportunity to participate.
Members of SPORT4ONTARIO have authorized access to sections and functions of www.sport4ontario.ca that the general public does not. Access includes on-line facilitated discussions, community portals and Forum notes.
Access to the National Sport Trust Fund-Ontario for project fundraising opportunities.
Members will receive discounts on SPORT4ONTARIO hosted professional development workshops. When we can make a connection with groups outside ours that offer great learning opportunities we will endeavour to secure a discounted rate on your behalf. Additionally, SPORT4ONTARIO will make every effort to develop programs that are financially advantageous to members by soliciting group discounts where available.
For more information, please consult the following fact sheet.
Find out more about the benefits of membership with SPORT4ONTARIO by reviewing our Member Benefits Matrix below.
Active Member - $195
For membership in this category your organization must be a provincial not-for-profit entity recognized as the Ontario sport governing body or Ontario multi sport organization by its national governing body and the Ontario Ministry responsible for sport which meets the requisite criteria and is approved by the Board of Directors. Fill out the application form below and email it to us to become an Active Member.
Affiliate Member - $95
For membership in this category the entity must be any not-for profit local, regional, divisional, provincial or national clubs, councils, associations, organizations, teams, leagues, advisory groups, consultative or educational organizations or other entities approved by the Board of Directors. An Affiliate Member is an entity not recognized as an Ontario sport governing body or Ontario multi-sport organization. Fill out the application form below and email it to us to become an Affiliate Member.
Club Member - $35
For membership in this category the entity must be a not-for-profit local, regional, divisional or community organization or club, team or league which is a Member of its Ontario sport governing body or Ontario multi-sport organization. Fill out the application form below and email it to us to become a Club Member.
Friend of Sport - $35
(Individual) - ($35) For membership in this category you must be over 18-years of age, have interests which support the objects of SPORT4ONTARIO and be approved by the Board of Directors. Fill out the application form below and email it to us to become an Individual Member.
Student - $25
For membership in this category you must not be in full time employment and are enrolled in a degree or certificate seeking program at an accredited or recognized post-secondary institution. You must support the objects of SPORT4ONTARIO and be approved by the Board of Directors. Fill out the application form below and email it to us to become a Student Member.
Corporate - $350
For membership in this category the entity must be a corporation, organization, association or other entity approved by the Board of Directors who support the objects of SPORT4ONTARIO and whose main objective is commercial gain. Fill out the application form below and email it to us to become a Corporate Member.
- Our Work
- Donations Overview
- Project 53 to 69 >
- Project 70 to 79 >
- Project 80 to 89 >
Project 90 to 99
- Project 90- Carleton Heights Curling Club
- Project 91- Univerity of Windsor Atletics Club
- Project 94- Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association
- Project 95- Ontario Curling Association
- Project 96 - Listowel Curling Club
- Project 98 -Talbot Trail Golf Club
- Project 99 -The Granite Curling Club of West Ottawa
Project 100 to 109
- Project 100 - Peterborough Canoe Kayak Club
- Project 101 - St. Marys Curling
- Project 102 - Woodstock Curling Council
- Project 103 - Highland Park Lawn Bowling Club
- Project 104 - Highland Park Lawn Bowling Club
- Project 105 -The Galt Curling Club
- Project 106 - Oshawa Curling Club
- Project 107- Ontario Basketball Association
- Project 109-Island Lake Rowing Club
Project 110 to 119
- Project 111-Niagara Falls Curling Club
- Project 112-Recreation Association of the Public Service of Canada
- Project 114-Sioux Lookout Golf and Curling Club
- Project 115-Ottawa Indians (Ospreys) RFC
- Project 116-Royal Canadian Navy Curling Club
- Project 117-Welland Curling Club
- Project 118-KW Granite Club
- Project 119-The Barrie Curling Club
Project 120 to 129
- Project 120-Simcoe Curling Club
- Project 121-Ottawa Tennis & Lawn Bowling Club
- Project 122-Carleton Place Curling Club
- Project 123-Whitewater Ontario
- Project 124 - Ottawa Beavers-Banshees Rugby Football Club
- Project 125 - Sturgeon Point Golf Club
- Project 126 - Fort Frances Curling Club
- Project 127 - Golden Acres Curling Club
- Project 128 - Kincardine Curling Club
- Project 129 - Coniston Curling Club
Project 130 to 139
- Project 130 - Royal Canadian Curling Club
- Project 131-Peterbourgh Golf & Country Club
- Project 132 - Beat the Streets Toronto
- Project 133 - Curl Sudbury
- Project 134 - Aurora Barbarians RFC
- Project 135 - Elmira & District Curling Club
- Project 136 - St. Catharines Rowing Club
- Project 137- Triathlon Ontario
- Project 138- Ottawa Rowing Club
- Project 139- Ottawa Rowing Club
- Project1 140 to 149 >
- NSTF-Ontario Application Form
- NSTF-Ontario Donation Form